Just some random thoughts and things to share this Monday not-quite-morning:
- My big plan for an improved sleep schedule been somewhat successful this week. My original aim was to get to bed by 11pm, but that quickly became midnight. Getting to sleep by midnight regularly would actually be a huge improvement. I managed 4 out of 5 weeknights this week (mostly) and then fell apart on the weekend. I’m going to try again this week.
- I finished a hat! Honegart is a quirky Stephen West pattern I got on sale before the holidays and I knit it up fairly quickly (with stash yarn no less!). It was finished in time to give to my boyfriend for his birthday. I didn’t manage to get a photo with it on his head, unfortunately. I really like how it turned out, and it fits him great!
- I spent so much time last week trying to get unpacked and back to normal that I didn’t do any crafting beyond a bit of stockinette knitting. I feel like I’m running in place so much these days. It’s rather frustrating.
- I finished The Research Process, so that is one less book in my to-read pile!
- My project-of-the-moment is to find all the small tears in my duvet cover (caused by Knightley before I started taking him to get regular claw trims), make small circular patches and sew them over top of the tears. Only when that is done will I consider another (non-knitting) project.
- My sense of temperature is so skewed these days. It was -10 the other day and that felt incredibly warm. It’s going to be a long winter.
Now, I’d better get back to work. I can already feel the difference now that I’m getting more sleep, and I plan on taking advantage of my new-found discipline!